White Collar Crimes, Investigations and Regulatory Group
Ensuring compliance with FCPA, UK Bribery Act, Prevention of Corruption Act (PCA), etc. is a big issue with Multinational Companies operating in high risk countries. A small mistake by an employee or local management can have serious consequences in home country of parent company. Hence, it is imperative that Multinational Companies have strong compliance mechanism and in case of any non-compliance take immediate steps to avoid wider ramifications. Regular training of employees and local management is key to ensuring compliance with FCPA and other Anti-Corruption Laws.
Compliances under local laws in relation to data security, data privacy, data encryption, data migration, etc. are also big cause of concerns for Multinational Companies. Additionally, leakage of commercially sensitive information, may have serious implications for companies. Hence, companies are taking steps to ensure data security, privacy, encryption and movement of data across jurisdictions in compliance with Governing Legislations.
In this regard ADA interalia provides the following services.
White Collar Crimes and Investigations
- Assistance in assessing effectiveness of internal controls, procedures and policies. .
- Conducting compliance audit of subsidiaries and third-party vendors of Multinational Companies under FCPA, UK Bribery Act and PCA.
- Conducting investigations of fraud committed or any wrong doing or ethical violations by management or employees.
- Periodic training of senior management, employees, third-party vendors of clients in order to create and enhance awareness regarding compliance with Anti-Corruption Laws and ethical behaviour.
- Assistance in developing and operating whistle blower policies and hotline.
ADA provides advisory services in relation to data security, privacy, retention, encryption and movement.
- Advice on key issues of exchange controls under Foreign Exchange Management Act and assistance in compounding of offences by making an application to Reserve Bank of India.
- Assistance during and after raid or investigations by Directorate of Inspection under the Income Tax Act or Black Money Act or Prevention of Money Laundering Act; Enforcement Directorate; Central Bureau of Investigations, Serious Fraud Investigations Office, etc. to take a view on key issues and options to deal with high risk positions, briefing and debriefing of employees and discussions with authorities to close case.
- Assistance in proceedings under Prevention of Money Laundering Act and Black Money Act and in case of adverse order appeal before Appellate Tribunal.
- Advisory services under Insurance Act.
Ashok Dhingra heads this practice group. (+91 9810710303 / email@example.com)