Customs and Trade Group
ADA interalia provides the following services under Customs, Foreign Trade Policy, Export Controls and Sanctions, and Trade laws:
- Classification and rate of Duty payable under Customs Tariff.
- Applicability of exemption or concessional rate of Duty notification.
- Assistance in investigations by Special Valuation Branch of Customs (SVB) to determine arm’s length price in case of transactions with Associated Enterprises.
- Setting up and exit of units under 100% Export Oriented Scheme (EOU), Special Economic Zone (SEZ) and Free Trade Warehousing Zone units, etc.
- Labeling and country of origin requirements for import/ export of goods.
- Export/ Import Controls over Sanctioned goods or entities or countries.
- Export/ import of restricted goods or services and items notified under SCOMET List including Dual-use items.
- Audit of Multinational Companies to understand level of compliance and gaps with Export/ Import Controls and Sanctions and assist in implementing robust internal compliance programme.
- Advice on compliances under various regulatory laws like Environment (Protection) Act; Telegraph Act; Legal Metrology Act; Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act; Information Technology Act; Bureau of Indian Standards; Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemical Rules; etc., in relation to export/ import of goods and services.
- Availability of Duty Drawback on export of goods or services.
- Assistance in availing various export incentives like Advance Authorisation, EPCG Authorisation, Merchandise Exports From India Scheme, Service Exports From India Scheme, and various other schemes notified under Foreign Trade Policy.
- Assistance upon Initiation of Investigation; mid-term review and sun-set review to levy Anti-Dumping Duty, Safeguard Duty and Countervailing Duty by Director General of Trade Remedies.
- Assistance in replying to show cause notices issued by Customs, Trade and Regulatory authorities and arguing case at the time of hearing.
- Appeal before Appellate Committee in cases under Foreign Trade Policy and Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Act and arguing at the time of hearing.
- Appeal before departmental appellate authorities and Appellate Tribunals and arguing at the time of hearing.
- Filing of appeal or writ or SLP before High Courts and or Supreme Court and arguing case at the time of hearing.
- Filing of cases before Settlement Commission for settlement and arguing case at the time of hearing.
- Filing of application for ruling by Authority for Advance Ruling and arguing case at the time of hearing.
- Diagnostic review of operations under Customs Laws and Foreign Trade Policy, Export/ Import Controls and Sanctions to operate in efficient and compliant manner.
- Representations before Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (Board), Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) and various other Regulatory authorities seeking intervention and clarifications on key issues.
- Assistance during and after raid or investigations by Customs and Regulatory authorities like Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Enforcement Directorate, Narcotics Control Bureau to take a view on key issues and options to deal with high risk positions, briefing and debriefing of employees and discussions with authorities to close case.
- Review of tenders and bids to assist in bidding process and negotiations thereafter to arrive at fair price, budget Tax costs and aligning supply chain in terms of Bill of Material for supply.
- Training of local management and employees on Export / Import Controls and Sanctions to ensure compliance with Export Control regime of India.
- Assistance in obtaining Import Export Code number and Authorisations under various Export Promotion Schemes from DGFT for availing export incentives or Licenses for export/ import of restricted goods or technologies including items on the SCOMET List.
- Approvals from Development Commissioner of SEZ or Director Software Technology Parks of India for change of implementation agency in case of merger, acquisition or takeover of an existing SEZ or EOU.
- Review of various returns and performance reports to be filed before Tax and Regulatory authorities.
- Assistance in seeking Equipment Type Approval, WPC License, NOC to import controlled substances, etc. from Regulatory authorities.
Sonia Gupta heads this practice group. (+91 9910501834/ firstname.lastname@example.org)